|Ground:||Brisbane Cricket Ground, Woolloongabba, Brisbane|
|Scorecard:||Australia v England|
|Player:||AN Cook, IJL Trott, RT Ponting|
|Event:||England in Australia 2010/11|
DateLine: 7th December 2010
After being dominated by the Australia side for the first four days the English side led by their batsmen found their groove on the final day.
When the fifth day began the visitors were not fully out of danger but Cook and Trott battled hard to take the English side to the shore of safety. The one negative aspect of the English side that was visible was the safety first approach of the team management. Throughout Strauss' tenure it is very much evident that the English team-management is averse to risk and that they would prefer to be safe first before going for the win.
Cook completed a magnificent double ton and he was well supported by Trott who made a classy hundred which was studded with some stunning shots to the fence.
The Australian bowlers struggled to find the right line and length to keep the opposition batsmen quiet and when Strauss signalled his batting duo back into the hut did the Australian bowler's misery ended.
Ponting turned on his frustration on the English bowlers with a dazzling half-century which had his famous hooks and pulls. When the play was called off the English side emerged on top of hosts who have in recent times lost their killer instinct.
- Australia in India 2019/20
- Australia Tri-Nation Women's T20 Series 2019/20
- Bangladesh in Pakistan 2019/20
- England in South Africa 2019/20
- ICC Women's Championship 2017/18 to 2020
- India in New Zealand 2019/20
- Ireland in West Indies 2019/20
- New Zealand in Australia 2019/20
- Qatar Women's Quadrangular T20 Tournament 2019/20
- South Africa in India 2019/20
- South Africa Women in New Zealand 2019/20
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2019/20
View all Current Events CLICK HERE