|Ground:||North West Cricket Stadium, Potchefstroom|
|Scorecard:||South Africa v Zimbabwe|
|Player:||AB de Villiers, HM Amla, J Theron|
|Event:||Zimbabwe in South Africa 2010/11|
DateLine: 18th October 2010
Centuries of contrasting styles from the blades of Amla and de Villiers and a five wicket haul from Theron helped South Africa to rip apart Zimbabwe to claim an unassailable lead in the three match series. Theron took five for 44 as Zimbabwe were bowled out for 268. Amla hit 110 while De Villiers made a ballistic 101 not out.
For Zimbabwe Tatenda Taibu made 78 for Zimbabwe and had he not being dismissed in the crucial stage of the innings things would have looked more rosy for the visitors.
Zimbabwe won the toss and elected to bat first hoping to put up a challenging score. Zimbabwe openers Brendan Taylor and Chamu Chibhabha put on 59 for the first wicket before Theron took two wickets in his first over and Wayne Parnell took another in the next over as the visitors slipped to 60 for three. Taibu promoted to number four began to bat positively. He kept the score moving with deft placements and quick running between wickets.
Zimbabwe posted 268 in 48.2 overs before being all out.
The South African chase got off to a rollicking start as Amla and Smith banished the Zimbabwean bowlers to all parts of the ground. De Villiers joined the fun after the dismissal of Smith and the hosts won the match with 11 overs to spare.
- Belize Women in Costa Rica 2019/20
- Botswana Women's International Triangular Tournament 2019/20
- England in South Africa 2019/20
- England Women in Malaysia 2019/20
- ICC Women's Championship 2017/18 to 2020
- ICC World Cup League Two 2019 to 2021/22
- New Zealand in Australia 2019/20
- South Africa in India 2019/20
- South Asian Games Men's Cricket Competition 2019/20
- South Asian Games Women's Cricket Competition 2019/20
- Sri Lanka in Pakistan 2019/20
- West Indies in India 2019/20
View all Current Events CLICK HERE